Neuroscience Group has a full-time position available for a team-oriented Switchboard Operator/Telecommunications Specialist. This position will work Monday – Friday 8 hours per day. As an integral member of the Patient Access Team, the Switchboard Operator provides valuable customer service to our patients through high quality, efficient and accurate inbound and outbound call processing. Uses critical thinking skills to problem-solve and/or determine the nature of call and routes appropriately. Supports department and others with basic clerical skills including filing, collating and copying, etc., as necessary or as determined by the Patient Access Manager.
For almost thirty years, Neuroscience Group has provided excellent neurologic care for the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Ours is the only medical facility in the area that combines neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic spine surgery, interventional and non-interventional pain management and physical therapy. Our practice has grown to over 40 providers and serves patients in nine outlying clinics scattered throughout the region. Our mission is to improve lives by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care and we do that by living our company core values: compassionate care, teamwork, fiscal responsibility, continuous learning, leadership and community involvement.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the Ideal Patient Experience and Brand Building Basics.
- Responsible for opening and closing the clinic switchboard on a daily basis according to protocol, including daily opening/closing interface with practice answering service.
- Answers and accurately routes all incoming phone calls while maintaining exceptional customer service standards.
- Possesses a high level of intelligence, integrity, sense of responsibility, and ability to comprehend and analyze details.
- Exhibits emotional maturity, stability, and calm in stressful situations.
- Utilizes creativity and critical thinking in a team supported environment.
- Stays current with process, procedure and clinic changes and updates relative to operator role.
- Participates in team building, process improvement, and skills enhancement training and events, as determined by Patient Access Manager.
- All other duties as assigned by the Patient Access Manager.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Commitment to excellence in patient experience.
- One year of experience with high volume switchboard preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in customer service related field preferred.
- Prior experience with health care or clinic setting preferred.
- Uses relevant technology and equipment effectively and to their full capability.
At Neuroscience Group we offer a very competitive salary. In addition to great pay we also offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with a generous employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous PTO and Sick Banks
- 401(k) with guaranteed employer contribution, Profit Sharing, and a Cash Balance Pension Plan
- On-site massage therapy and walking trails
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual voluntary health risk assessments (company paid)
- Timber Rattler tickets
- Holiday party, summer picnic, and annual recognition for years of service
- Annual Employee Appreciation Day
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package; typically no holidays or weekends.
Contact: Director of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday
Preferred method of contact is email. No phone calls please.