Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) Implant Education
Neuroscience Group providers are your local SCS experts; we have helped over 400+ patients with this life-changing treatment. Our highly trained education and authorization teams will help you know what to expect at every stage of your trial and surgery. Our goal is to reduce your worry and stress during the process and help you have the best outcome possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to know before my SCS trial?
Prior to your appointment, a nurse will contact you to let you know what time to arrive and go over any premedication instructions. It’s the perfect time to ask all your questions.
What do I need to know for my SCS trial appointments?
- You will need a driver for the SCS trial. The driver will need to drop you off in the front of our building and drive around to the back to wait for you by door number 8.
- The trial procedure takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour. There is at least a 30 minute recovery time after the trial.
- You will also need a driver on the day of lead removal.
What can I do to ensure a smooth process?
- Make sure to call your Neuroscience Group provider to let them know when you have completed your neuropsychology testing. We cannot move forward without this information.
- Neuroscience Group will send you a “Release of Information”. Please sign the form and return it back to us. We cannot start the authorization process until this is on file.