Speech Therapist in Neenah, WI
Treating Speech, Language, Cognition, Swallowing Disorders and more.
A speech therapy department adds to our comprehensive service offerings and interacts with all of our specialties to provide the best patient-centered treatments. Neurology, pain management and surgery patients all benefit from direct referrals from our providers.
Our speech therapist provides treatment for multiple neurologic disorders, specializing in rehabilitation from stroke, traumatic brain injury, and concussion. She is specially trained in disorders of swallowing and Parkinson’s Disease and able to assess and provide options for augmentative and alternative communication.
For TBI and concussion patients, our therapist works on these specific issues:
- reasoning/problem solving
- executive functioning
- training of compensatory strategies to help cope with deficits
For stroke patients, our therapist helps with:
- cognitive deficits
- left neglect/right hemisphere dysfunction
- Aphasia (loss of ability to understand or express speech)
- Apraxia (difficulty speaking d/t motor function)
- Dysarthria (slurred or slow speech)
Conditions treated include:
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication)
- Bells Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Primary Progressive Aphasia
- Swallowing Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury