Neuroscience Group has a full-time position available for a team-oriented Surgical Scheduler. This position will work Monday – Friday 8 hours per day. As an integral member of the Clinical Services Team, the Surgical Scheduler is responsible for coordinating the scheduling of surgeries and related procedures. The Surgical Scheduler must be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely and accurate manner. This individual must be organized and be able to manage a demanding workload with accuracy.
- Schedules hospital-based medical procedures for patients with appropriate provider and facility using computerized scheduling programs.
- Contacts hospitals via telephone to provide accurate surgical orders.
- Informs surgical and neuromonitoring representatives of upcoming surgery, providing accurate facility location, date and time, and any changes that occur.
- Schedules all preoperative and postoperative appointments regarding surgery.
- Schedules ancillary tests, treatment and/or surgical procedure(s) conducted in the Neuroscience Group office and outside locations that may be needed in preparation for surgery.
- Completes and faxes any required orders and consents to appropriate locations.
- Confirms surgical authorization is valid and informs surgical authorization representative if update is necessary.
- Answers incoming calls and schedules/confirms patient surgeries, along with any related appointments using proper telephone etiquette.
- Coordinates the related documentation and communication, including education to prepare patients for tests and surgery.
- Maintains good communication with the patient, physician, clinical services team, reimbursement services team, and surgical and hospital staff.
- Maintains timely, complete documentation and record keeping to ensure accurate continuity of patient care.
- Regularly attends all team and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- One year of Patient Service Representative or Clinical Assistant/Medical Assistant experience in a healthcare setting.
- Prior experience with EPIC.
At Neuroscience Group we offer a very competitive salary. In addition to great pay we also offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts with a generous employer contribution
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Generous PTO and Sick Banks
- 401(k) with guaranteed employer contribution, Profit Sharing, and a Cash Balance Pension Plan
- On-site massage therapy and walking trails
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual voluntary health risk assessments (company paid)
- Timber Rattler tickets
- Holiday party, summer picnic, and annual recognition for years of service
- Annual Employee Appreciation Day
The Neuroscience Group Difference:
For almost thirty years, Neuroscience Group has provided excellent neurologic care for the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Ours is the only medical facility in the area that combines neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic spine surgery, interventional and non-interventional pain management and physical therapy. Our practice has grown to over 40 providers and serves patients in nine outlying clinics scattered throughout the region. Our mission is to improve lives by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care and we do that by living our company core values: compassionate care, teamwork, fiscal responsibility, continuous learning, leadership and community involvement.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Contact: Director of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday
Preferred method of contact is email. No phone calls please.