The Neuroscience Group has an immediate, full-time opening for an X-Ray/Special Procedures Technologist. The position reports to the Imaging Team Leader, performs radiology exams and procedures at a technical level that requires independent judgment. The X-Ray/Special Procedures Technologist operates ionizing radiation equipment using ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed protocols related to radiology technology for the diagnosis of various diseases. He/She also assumes responsibility for coordinating procedures, applies radiation safety, and attends to patient’s needs.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the ideal patient experience and brand building basics.
- Prepares patient for radiologic procedures by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving/adjusting equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Documents accurate medical history in patient records.
- Prepares paperwork for fluoroscopic procedures.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of procedures; answering questions.
- Performs fluoroscopic studies under the direction of a physician while maintaining sterile field. Assists physician with preparation of patient positioning, supplies, and equipment during injections and other various procedures.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Assists with preparing patients for MR exams by reviewing patient medical history and safety screening form.
- Performs venipuncture while maintaining proper laboratory techniques to obtain lab specimens and prepare for processing. Maintain accurate identification of laboratory specimens and requisitions.
- Performs IV starts.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiologic equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to X-RAY exams and equipment.
- Knowledge of imaging equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Knowledge/skill of operating PACS system for storing of digital imaging.
- Maintains procedure rooms and stocks medical and radiologic supplies as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintains accurate records as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Works as a team member within the radiology department and all other departments.
- Attends seminars/meetings and incorporate new procedures and/or revise protocols to improve patient diagnostics.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge / Skills Required to be Successful in this Position:
- Completion of an accredited Radiology program required with current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current CPR certification.
- Ability to properly position patients to provide quality imaging.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management, and peers.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently pinpoint area for imaging.
- Ability to act calmly and communicate effectively in a busy or stressful situation
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Ambulatory clinic setting-indoors, in a temperature controlled area.Includes frequent lifting, bending, reaching, standing, and sitting with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Neuroscience Group are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Neuroscience Group supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: No weekend or holiday hours
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday