Neuroscience Group has an immediate opening for a physicial therapist. As an integral member of the rehab team, the physical therapist provides outpatient physical therapy services for Neuroscience Group patients. This involves completing patient histories and physical exams; planning and implementing patient treatment to include: manual therapy, exercise prescription, gait analysis and training, balance retraining and neuromuscular re-education. The physical therapist shall provide patient and family education, emotional support, and be a patient advocate in relation to the therapeutic needs of the patient. The physical therapist also supervises the physical therapist assistant.
1) CLINICAL SERVICES:
- Coordinates care between physical therapy, occupational therapy, physicians and chiropractors.
- Provides physical therapy-related histories, exams and therapeutic treatments.
- Maintains appropriate patient followup with office visits, which may include counseling, referring patients, reassurance and education.
- Adheres to documentation standards and systems required to provide patient assessments, physical exams, and therapeutic interventions consistent with training and certification.
- Documents and dictates all patient encounters and/or services.
- Submits charges appropriately and timely to ensure accurate billing for patient accounts.
- In providing general supervision of the physical therapist assistant, the PT shall do the following:
- Have primary responsibility for the physical therapy care rendered by the PTA
- Have face-to-face contact with the PTA at least every 14 calendar days
- Remain accessible to telecommunications in the interim between contacts while the PTA is providing care
- Delegate appropriate portions of treatment plan to the PTA consistent with the PTA’s education, training and experience
- Provide on-site assessment and reevaluation of each patient’s treatment at a minimum of one time per calendar month or every tenth treatment day, whichever is sooner, and adjust the treatment plan as appropriate
- Coordinate discharge plan decisions and final assessment with the PTA
- Limit the number of PTAs practicing under the general supervision of a PT to no more than two full time equivalents.
2) EDUCATION AND OUTREACH:
- Actively participates in the marketing and promotion of the Chiropractic and Physical Therapy Service area to internal providers, outside referral sources, and the community.
- Promotes and sets an example for health and wellness with patients, their families, the community, and co-workers. Actively participates in the Neuroscience Group Health and Wellness team.
- Attends Neuroscience Group and other meetings regularly as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate verbal and/or written patient counseling and education for individual disease states and/or illnesses and is available to answer questions/concerns by telephone and in person.
3) CLINICAL SERVICE DELIVERY AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE:
- Upholds and endorses the standards, policies, and procedures set by the Neuroscience Group to ensure comprehensive, compassionate, professional therapeutic services are provided.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and professional environment that complies with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Works with staff to develop and maintain effective programs such as infection control, OSHA, blood borne pathogen, and ergonomic programs that promote the health and safety of our patients, physicians, and employees.
- Assists in promoting the most effective and efficient PT care delivery processes.
- Consistently and accurately bills for physical therapy procedures, supplies and services
- Works with staff and physicians to optimize access to services through effective scheduling practices.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- BS degree required
- Licensed as a physical therapist in the State of Wisconsin
- Prior experience in manual techniques or strong neuro experience and training preferred.
OTHER SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and behavior.
- Ability to work independently and organize tasks and duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a calm and caring attitude while dealing with patients, families, and other team members.
- Ability to adapt to changing practice needs during the day.
- Ability to adapt to changing position requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this professionally rewarding opportunity, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday
Application for Employment