Neuroscience Group has a NEW, full time position available for team-oriented medical assistant to provide administrative/medical support to our physicians and mid-level providers in our ever-growing surgery department. The Clinical Assistant performs designated office functions that contribute to patient care management.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization
- Supports and promotes the Ideal Patient Experience and Brand Building Basics
- Understands and maintains confidentiality standards in compliance with State and Federal regulations, including HIPAA.
- Adheres to strict customer confidentiality standards, recognizing that even acknowledgment of privileged information is prohibited.
- Responsible for chart preparation one week prior to patient appointment, i.e., preps chart according to standard of work, requesting all imaging studies, clinic notes, diagnostic testing, and all other pertinent medical information needed in preparation for the patient appointment.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room and prepares them for evaluation by obtaining a set of vitals, medication information, and medical history if appropriate.
- Notifies physician/non-physician provider when patient is ready for evaluation and is accessible to offer assistance during the encounter if necessary.
- Enters orders for any testing and imaging ordered by the provider
- Accountable for maintaining a clean, well-stocked clinical setting.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining instruments and equipment in compliance with infection control and OSHA standards.
- Responsible for answering phone calls and returning calls to patients.
- Responsible for scheduling and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Explaining normal test results to patients over the phone after reviewed by the ordering provider.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by the physician (intramuscular injections)
- Communicates and explains normal test results to patients over the phone, after the ordering provider has reviewed.
- Responsible for accurate, timely processing of forms, i.e., disability, insurance, DMV, and worker’s compensation as delegated by the physician/mid-level provider.
- Responsible for tracking and returning requested imaging studies.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining medical supplies and patient education inventory
- Regularly attends all team and staff meetings
- All other temporary and/or permanent duties as required by the diverse needs of the organization and assigned by the Team Lead.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Successful completion from an accredited medical assistant program, with certification or registry, or licensed LPN.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- One year’s experience in an outpatient setting preferable.
- Proficient in Epic
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package; typically no holidays or weekends.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday