For more than twenty-seven years Neuroscience Group has been committed to improving lives in our community by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care. Our patient volume is continuing to grow creating the need for a new position on our administrative team with the addition of a Revenue Cycle Manager.
The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, and implementing current and future strategies to bill customers, process payments, minimize bad debt, improve cash flow, and manage the overall health of the company’s receivables. The RCM is also responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the clinic as they relate to revenue cycle functions, which include, but are not limited to, Reception Services, Patient Service Representatives, and Business Office Services, i.e., billing, collections, accounts receivable and financial planning for patients.
- Understands, supports, and promotes the Mission, Vision, and Values, of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the ideal patient experience and brand building basics.
- Serves as a resource to Administration, Practice Consultant, managers and staff on revenue cycle performance.
- Manages all activities related to revenue cycle performance to meet short-term strategic goals.
- Develops strategic plans and programs for the Revenue Cycle team and ensures that goals and objectives of the team are properly defined and clearly established.
- Develops policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensures consistent company-wide implementation.
- Develops budgetary plans, programs, and guidelines to ensure the team’s strict adherence with financial guidelines and requirements.
- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing and collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing, scheduling and efficient account collection.
- Sets clear production expectations and quality standards for receptionist, patient service representative, and business office teams
- Analyzes work flows and determines necessary staffing levels and skill-sets
- Enhances and standardizes work-flow processes throughout the revenue cycle to assist in achieving consistency in maintaining the critical success factors outlined in the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Monitors effectiveness of collection efforts and maintains insurance billings are current within the established timeframe specified in the department policy.
- Is a key contributor to new customer and service line implementations
- Maximizes revenue through accurate and complete capture of all charges and the establishment of appropriate charge structure and charge rates consistent with industry standards, local market conditions, and the organization’s payer contracts
- Identifies and establishes relationships with third-party insurers.
- Oversight, maintenance, and enhancement of charge master by reviewing and approving changes in pricing, CPT codes, HCPCS codes and revenue codes
- Analyzes accounts receivable to ensure maximum net revenue realization, stable cash collections, avoidance of denials, and measured reduction in write offs
- Performs necessary audits. Develops and communicates monthly reports to leadership
- Implements recommendations by outside auditors and consultants
- Manages physician credentialing process with managed care and government payers
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed
- Ensures policies are communicated and administered consistently
- Knowledge of and skill in using information technology for internal and external communications.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships with Leadership, staff, and the community.
- Strong managerial competencies in the areas of leadership and team development, managerial coaching and mentoring and situational assessment skills.
- Proven track record in building and developing high performing teams.
- A change agent capable of guiding the organization in initiating various change management initiatives with the view of leading and guiding the organization towards the future.
- Strong managerial acumen in setting corporate directions and aligning strategic goals around business plans.
- Superior judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong analytical skills and adept in interpreting strategic vision into an operational model.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral, written, and persuasive skills.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business or other related field, OR equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in healthcare management such as, but not limited to, clinic management, patient management, accounts receivables.
- Strong background in financial management and knowledgeable of federal and state laws and requirements relating to healthcare management.
- Proficiency with Epic, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Requires frequent change in position, including sitting, bending, stooping, and standing, stretching, and walking.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package; typically no holidays or weekends.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday