The Neuroscience Group has an opening for a full-time patient financial counselor. As an integral member of the Billing Team, the financial counselor will discuss with patients the importance of pre-paying for procedures because of high deductible plans and the collection of pre-pays before the time of service. Manage the company’s patient accounts receivable by means of working reports, sending letters to patients, and telephone communication with patients on outstanding balances, and will have exceptional communication skills.
- Calls to patients for pre-pays for procedures, collection of pre-pay prior to procedure
- Facilitate the process of managing the patient accounts receivable
- Send letters and make phone calls to patients on delinquent balances
- Assist with problem solving patient accounts
- Collate/Compile/Prepare reports for the revenue cycle manager when necessary
- Assist in sending out refunds on a daily basis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred, but not mandatory. Experience in delinquent payment collection will be taken into consideration over education.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Strong computer knowledge and typing skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism and direction from supervisors.
- Must demonstrate professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must display a friendly, cheerful, tactful, and polite demeanor, and must be compassionate and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to communicate in an active multi-office environment.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job related office equipment (telephone, computer, calculator, fax, copier).
- Ability to communicate via telephone.
- Ability to sit for large portions of a workday.
The Neuroscience Group Difference:
For almost thirty years, Neuroscience Group has partnered with primary care providers to provide excellent neurologic care for the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Ours is the only medical facility in the area that combines neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic spine surgery, interventional and non-interventional pain management, and physical therapy. Our practice has grown to serve patients in eleven outlying clinics scattered throughout the region, always with the same goal of improving lives by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care.
Our core values of teamwork and compassionate care permeate all we do; we strive to treat every patient like a part of our family. Community involvement is very important to our organization and we support many causes that benefit our patient population, as well as our community.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package; typically no holidays or weekends.
Contact: Director of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday
Preferred method or contact is email. No phone calls please.