The Neuroscience Group of Northeast Wisconsin has a full‑time position for a team-oriented RN position for our Neurology Clinical Services Team. The triage nurse is responsible for managing all incoming calls from patients regarding clinical issues, and in collaboration with the physician/nurse practitioner, addressing patient needs in a timely manner.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization
- Supports and promotes the ideal patient experience and brand building basics
- Serves as the primary contact for patients telephoning the office with questions or problems/concerns that are of a clinical nature.
- Triages patient calls and communicates with the patient’s MD/AP regarding the appropriate action.
- Initiates followup phone calls to patients for the purpose of reinforcing educational information, assessing response to treatment/medication, and informing them of test results and the subsequent plan of care.
- Documents in the medical record, in a timely and accurate manner, all pertinent patient information to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Responsible for patient teaching/education with regard to medication injections.
- Stocks and maintains sample medication closet, dispensing samples as directed by physician.
- Assists patients with the enrollment process necessary for financial assistance in order to obtain prescribed medication as appropriate.
- Regularly attends and contributes positively to team and organizational meetings.
- All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by the Manager of Clinical Care Services.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a nursing certificate or baccalaureate degree.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Wisconsin.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the field of neuroscience nursing preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Primarily seated work but will require some position change including bending, stooping, and stretching.
- May involve lifting supplies up to 30 to 40 pounds.
- May occasionally need to assist with wheelchair transfers.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight in order to communicate and function within this setting.