Neuroscience Group has a PRN position open for a MRI Technologist. The Technologist performs MRI procedures at a technical level that requires independent judgment. Operates magnetic resonance equipment using ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed protocols for the diagnosis of various diseases. Assumes responsibility for coordinating procedures, quality assurance, and record keeping as related to safety, and attending patients’ needs. Candidates should be available Monday through Friday and open to work a variety of shifts between 6:30am-6:00pm.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the ideal patient experience and brand building basics.
- Verifies patient identification and physician order.
- Provides procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
- Acquires accurate, thorough, and pertinent clinical history and documents in the medical record.
- Ensures MRI safety form is completed by patient/designee and reviews information with patient/designee immediately prior to patient entering MRI scanning room.
- Insures the patient has removed all ferromagnetic objects.
- Receives, positions, and attends to patients and adjusts equipment for MRI procedures following established protocols.
- Instructs patient regarding procedures.
- Follows prescribed safety standards in operating MRI equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
- Places IV’s as required for injection of contrast media and administers contrast media to patients.
- Performs all MRI procedures and properly sets protocols to maximize exam quality.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to MRI exams and equipment.
- Knowledge of MRI equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation.
- Understands the principles of MRI physics and maintain both patient and operator safety.
- Knowledge/skill of operating PACS system for storing of digital imaging.
- Maintains procedure rooms and stock medical supplies as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintains accurate records as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Works as a team member within the Imaging department and all other departments.
- Attend seminars/meetings and incorporate new procedures and/or revise protocols to improve patient diagnostics.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited Radiology program required with current registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and MRI.
- Previous MRI experience required.
- Current CPR certification.
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to properly position patients to provide quality imaging.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management, and peers.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to sufficiently pinpoint area for imaging.
- Complete understanding of MRI applications.
- GE experience preferred.
- Ability to act calmly and communicate effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Ambulatory clinic setting-indoors, in a temperature controlled area. Includes frequent lifting, bending, reaching, standing, and sitting with some heavy lifting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular work shift
The Neuroscience Group Difference:
For almost thirty years, Neuroscience Group has partnered with primary care providers to provide excellent neurologic care for the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin. Ours is the only medical facility in the area that combines neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic spine surgery, interventional and non-interventional pain management, and physical therapy. Our practice has grown to serve patients in eleven outlying clinics scattered throughout the region, always with the same goal of improving lives by providing the very best in brain, spine and pain care.
Our core values of teamwork and compassionate care permeate all we do; we strive to treat every patient like a part of our family. Community involvement is very important to our organization and we support many causes that benefit our patient population, as well as our community.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday