The Neuroscience Group of Northeast Wisconsin has a full‑time position for a team-oriented Medical Receptionist and Switchboard Operator. As an integral member of the Reception Services Team, the Medical Receptionist & Switchboard Operator provides valuable customer service to our patients in the areas of greeting, registration, charges, and payments. The Medical Receptionist & Switchboard Operator will also play an important part in patient account management.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization
- Supports and promotes the Ideal Patient Experience and Brand Building Basics
- Responsible for opening and closing the clinic on a daily basis according to protocol.
- Confirms the clinic telephone line is switched back from the answering service each morning. Verifies switch is made each night and informs the service of the physicians on call. Notifies service of any office closings or other changes in the clinic schedule per protocol.
- Directs all phone messages to the appropriate staff according to protocol.
- Answers and accurately routes all incoming phone calls while maintaining exceptional customer service standards.
- Greets all visitors and responds to routine requests for information in a professional and courteous manner.
- Registers new and established patients verifying all demographic and insurance information making corrections as needed.
- Obtains the appropriate patient signatures according to protocol.
- Copies patient insurance cards per protocol.
- Collects insurance co-pays and any other payments as directed by the billing services staff.
- Notifies the billing services staff if a patient needs to make payment arrangements or has questions about their payment.
- Notifies the clinic staff that patient has been registered and is ready for their appointment per protocol.
- Monitors the clinicians’ schedules and informs clinical staff of early/late patient arrivals. Also informs patients if clinician is behind schedule and offers patient option to reschedule appointment.
- Pre-registers new patients as appropriate.
- Inputs all demographic and insurance information for hospital patients and patients seen in out-reach clinics.
- Responsible for maintaining a general knowledge of all insurance and managed care plans accepted by Neuroscience Group.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming and outgoing mail according to protocol.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies as needed for staff and physicians.
- Maintains all office equipment in the reception area per protocol.
- Balances petty cash and co pay receipts daily per protocol.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area neat and clean during clinic hours.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Two years experience in customer service related field.
- Prior experience with health insurance.
- Experience with patient registration and appointment scheduling on a computerized system.
- Financial knowledge as it relates to posting payments, charges, and balancing.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills. Experience with Epic software considered a plus.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: No weekend or holiday hours.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday