The Neuroscience Group has an opening for a Business Office Specialist. As an integral team member to the practice, the Business Office Specialist performs account management activities related to accounts receivable. This position also monitors cash flow through appropriate reporting mechanisms, provides support in securing and maintaining provider credentialing, and generates monthly financial reports.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization.
- Supports and promotes the Ideal Patient Experience and Brand Building Basics.
- Compiles, processes, interprets and distributes departmental reports as requested
- Notifies Team Lead when insurance payments do not match contractual agreement and appeals claim per protocol.
- Responds to all insurance/billing inquiries for insurance carriers and patients in a professional manner.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of billing/coding updates.
- Maintains and updates departmental insurance/coding reference manuals.
- Responsible for ordering appropriate reference/resource books and coding manuals.
- Responsible for staying current and remaining compliant with Medicare regulations/procedures and updates the providers of any changes as needed
- Helps to process new and renewal insurance applications/credentialing forms for physicians and midlevel providers
- Coordinates internal chart review, helps to implement recommendations based on review
- Complies with HIPAA rules and regulations as they apply to the business office.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of billing software, i.e. Epic, as it relates to job responsibilities.
- Regularly attends and contributes in a positive manner to organizational meetings.
- All other permanent and/or temporary duties assigned by the Team Lead
Knowledge / Skills Required to be Successful in this Position:
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience with managing medical accounts payable activities, preferably in a physician office environment.
- Financial knowledge as it relates to business office management
Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Strong computer, spreadsheet, general ledger and keyboarding skills.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires occasional lifting of papers and/or boxes to an approximate 20 to 40-pound weight.
Work is performed in an office environment. It involves frequent contact with staff and physicians. Work may be stressful at times.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Neuroscience Group are expected to perform tasks as assigned by Neuroscience Group supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: No weekend or holiday hours
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday