The Neuroscience Group has an opening for a full-time Intake Coordinator on our Patient Services Team. As an integral member of the Clinical Services Team, the Patient Services Representative is responsible for reviewing referrals and scheduling new patient appointments with the appropriate specialty. As the first point of contact for referral sources and patients, the Intake Coordinator assists referring providers and patients with navigating and understanding our practice and the services that we offer.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization
- Supports and promotes the Ideal Patient Experience and Brand Building Basics
- Receives and sorts phone and fax referrals from outside providers in a timely manner.
- Reviews patient referral, electronic medical record and interviews patient to determine if care or service can be offered by Neuroscience Group.
- Processes and escalates any urgent referrals to be reviewed by provider.
- Answers incoming calls and schedules patient appointments using proper telephone etiquette.
- Obtains, verifies, and enters complete and accurate demographic, insurance, and medical information on all accounts to register patients.
- Coordinates the related documentation and communication, including education to prepare patients for new patient appointment.
- Maintains good communication with the patient, physician, clinical services team, surgical and hospital staff.
- Maintains timely, complete documentation and recordkeeping to ensure accurate continuity of patient care.
- Completes referral follow-up calls weekly.
- Regularly attends all team and staff meetings.
- All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by the Team Lead for Patient Services Representative.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Certified or Registered Clinical Assistant/Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse license issued by the state of Wisconsin.
- Prior experience with EPIC.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Medical terminology
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to consistently demonstrate, through conduct and communications, the stability required to effectively assist patients and referring providers.
- Customer service experience
- High level of interpersonal skills, as this position continually requires demonstrated poise, professionalism, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced setting
- Critical thinking skills and decisive judgment
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package; typically no holidays or weekends.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday