Neuroscience Group has a full-time position for an Insurance Reimbursement Specialist. The Insurance Reimbursement Specialist works in a team environment to interpret and evaluate appeals to include denials management, insurance follow-up with payers and insurance providers to assure timely turn around for claims resolution and reimbursement.
- Review payer reports to make sure all accounts are paid appropriately to reduce the total company accounts receivables
- Utilize web portals to investigate and critique insurance claims as necessary
- Regular phone interaction with insurance companies to resolve claim issues
- Complete appeals for unpaid insurance claims as necessary
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Assist with major insurance billing issues
- Daily phone interactions with patients and insurance companies while exercising exceptional customer service skills
- Regular interaction and investigation of patient accounts in our practice management and EHR software
- Review and complete other practice management reports as necessary
- Continuous education through written publications, meetings, and webinars
- Operate in a team oriented work environment.
- Adherence to compliance and completion of compliance training.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare or closely related field is required. Will consider candidates with commensurate experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 1-2 years of recent medical office experience in a similar capacity is preferred
Previous customer service experience is preferred
- Proficient in basic computer functions
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Understanding of CPT and ICD-10 coding and general medical terminology is preferred
- Must possess attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism and direction from supervisors
- Must demonstrate professional appearance and manner at all times
- Must display a friendly, cheerful, tactful, and polite demeanor, and must be compassionate and caring in dealing with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate in an active multi-office environment
- Ability to efficiently operate all job related office equipment (telephone, computer, calculator, fax, copier)
- Ability to communicate via telephone
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: No weekend or holiday hours.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday