Neuroscience Group has a full-time position open for a Certified Coding Specialist. The Specialist serves as the key point of contact for coding and documentation information in the clinic setting, providing feedback, and problem resolution. They also are responsible for diagnosis and procedure coding for claims processing, data retrieval, and analysis and acts as a liaison between the physicians, billing team lead, and billing specialists, within a multi-specialty neuroscience environment.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organizatio
- Supports physicians, administrators and departments within a multi-specialty environment:
- Reviews CPT procedure codes, ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes, HCPCS II codes and modifiers based on documentation, payer requirements, government teaching physician documentation requirements and billing office policies. Maintain above average knowledge of coding, compliance and reimbursement procedures through review of information provided by billing office, payer policy updates, coding manuals, contact with medical societies and specialty coding groups.
- Develops and implements department specific training protocols for coding related job functions.
- Assists with overall departmental training in procedure and diagnosis coding and billing office policies and procedures.
- Works closely with providers, leaders and employees to accomplish charge capture goals.
- Identifies reports and resolves coding and reimbursement issues with physicians, department administrators and other billing office staff, including reimbursement staff. Identify opportunities to reduce denials and enhance revenue. Responsible to implement and monitor resolution process.
- Develops and presents billing training materials for physicians, department leaders and support staff on procedure and diagnosis coding, medical record documentation, billing processes, policies and procedures.
- Promotes ongoing compliance.
- Produces ad hoc reports as requested.
- Serves as a resource to staff for accurate assignment of CPT procedure and ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding of complicated multi-specialty services for appropriate reimbursement
- Completes special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Works closely with Professional Billing staff to assist with medical billing activities to ensure a clean month-end AR such as:
- Denial Management
Billing/Coding work queue
Payment Posting Transaction
- Denial Management
Advanced training beyond high school that includes the completion of an accredited or approved program in Medical Coding Specialist.
Requires 5 years of experience in expert-level professional coding experience and at least 2 years of experience in education/training of licensed providers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar capacity is required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Must be able to demonstrate leadership by serving as an example to others with regard to professional behavior, handling multiple tasks, maintaining a positive attitude, and in response to organizational change.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff, board, clients, and the public.
- Two years experience in customer service related field.
- Prior experience with health insurance.
- Experience with patient registration and appointment scheduling on a computerized system.
- Financial knowledge as it relates to posting payments, charges, and balancing.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills. Experience with Epic software considered a plus.
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: No weekend or holiday hours.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday