The Neuroscience Group has an opening for a full-time central scheduler/specialty scheduler. This is a fast-paced position and would be ideal for a unit clerk, CMA, LPN or medical office assistant.
As an integral member of the Clinical Services Team, the scheduler is responsible for scheduling ancillary testing and treatment conducted in the Neuroscience Group office and outside the office setting.
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of the organization
- Supports and promotes the Ideal Patient Experience and Brand Building Basics
- Obtains, verifies, and enters complete and accurate demographic, insurance, and medical information on all accounts to register patients.
- Answers incoming calls and schedules/confirms patient appointments using proper telephone etiquette.
- Schedules ancillary tests, treatment and/or surgical procedure(s) conducted in the Neuroscience Group office and outside locations.
- Coordinates the related documentation and communication, including education to prepare patients for tests and surgery.
- Documents whether authorization is required and routes to pre-authorization patient services representative.
- Informs patient of referral status in relationship to ancillary procedures(s)/testing.
- Maintains good communication with the patient, physician, clinical services team, reimbursement services team, and surgical and hospital staff.
- Maintains timely, complete documentation and record keeping to ensure accurate continuity of patient care.
- Regularly attends all team and staff meetings.
- All other temporary and/or permanent duties as assigned by the Team Lead for Patient Services Representative.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- One year of Patient Service Representative or Clinical Assistant/Medical Assistant experience in a healthcare setting.
- Prior experience with EPIC.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION:
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Medical terminology
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced setting
- Critical thinking skills and decisive judgment
Location: 1305 West American Drive, Neenah, WI 54956
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package; typically no holidays or weekends.
Contact: Manager of Human Resources
1305 W. American Drive
Neenah, WI 54956
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 3:30 p.m. Friday